Recipe of the Month
"Vegetable Soup" -- from Weight Watchers
- 2/3 c sliced carrot
- ½ c diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 c broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1 ½ c diced green cabbage
- ½ c green beans
- 1 T. tomato paste
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c diced zucchini
- In a large saucepan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute carrot, onion and
garlic over low heat until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil.
Lower heat and simmer, covered about 15 min. or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Source: Weight Watcher’s. Low in fat, Weight Watchers gives this food “0” points, meaning
you may eat this without restriction.
Makes 8 servings
Women's Stories |
Press Releases |
Back to top
Disclaimer | Donate Now | Contact Us | Site Map | Store
©1999-2000; updates: 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007 Women's Heart Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use prohibited. The information contained in this Women's
Heart Foundation (WHF) Web site is not a substitute for medical advice or
treatment, and WHF recommends consultation with your doctor or health care